Sunday 9 August 2015

Dancing my little socks off








After weeks, well actually months of D.I.Y. I thought I deserved to treat myself to a little fun.  I doubt if I will ever get to Glastonbury but we do have our own Boardmasters Festival here in Cornwall set on the cliffs near Newquay, the perfect setting.  There were various stages with lots of different music to suit everyone and luckily perfect weather.  Yes I am old enough to be mum to most of the people there, but do you know what, I don't care.  I will continue to go along to watch live gigs and jump around with the youngsters for as long as I am able.  I hate the whole now you are 'this' age you should be behave in 'this' way.  Life is too short, we have to squeeze every bit of fun out of it we can, we don't get a second chance.  As long as we don't hurt anyone else, go for it I say.

Faithless were the headliners on the day we went and were amazing.  They are no spring chickens themselves, having been together for 20 years,  longer than a lot of the audience have been on the planet.  It is not the bearded ones type of music so he headed over to the Keg and Pasty stage where local bands played, including a fabulous Ska band called Rudis Message who had everyone up dancing.  He enjoyed a pint and pasty while I danced around like an excited puppy.


Knitty Nutter was staying along the coast in her camper van, I hope we weren't too noisy!








You can just see Jamie Olivers 15 in the distance
























On Sunday our band played in Wadebridge Carnival.  We stopped for coffee on the way in a lovely Cafe called Strong Aldofos before heading into the town.  Wadebridge is not far from Padstow, but doesn't get so busy.  It has a lovely community feel to it where everyone seems to know each other, and has some nice little shops.   If you are going to Padstow it is worth a visit, you can even hire a bike and cycle there along the cycle path.   The evening ended with a spectacular firework display, I still get excited by fireworks :)

I am exhausted today but it was lovely having a couple of days that didn't involve a paint brush.  I hope you've had a good weekend.



Chickpea xx





38 comments:

  1. Oh, that sounds like fun. We used to go to see ska bands all the time when I was in school. They're a lot of fun for dancing. I'm glad you had such a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a brilliant weekend. I always think the smaller festivals are a much better experience anyway... I've never been to Glastonbury but I don't think I'd enjoy half as much as something on a smaller scale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just wish they had decent toilets at these things!!

      Delete
  3. It sounds like great fun, yes enjoy it while you can, stunning photos :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, keep jumping to the music. I go to watch Rudis Message sometimes and I jump up and down, the music just makes you want to move. Fantastic band. I feel quite chuffed afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great aren't they, I have been meaning to see them for ages. Hope to catch them again soon.

      Delete
  5. It all looks and sounds brilliant, The music, the setting sun, the views - I can just imagine the feeling of freedom that must have given you. I love any opportunity to dance, it just makes me feel so alive and happy. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It all looks great, glad you found time to take time off. Have you now finished with all the DIYing ? Just remember, it will be worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet Anne, I have some doors, the downstairs cloakroom and the en suite to paint once the new shower has been fitted. I can see light at the end of the tunnel :)

      Delete
  7. How exciting! I love the tulips and the mushrooms. The weather looked great too, glad you had a good time.:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely weather, the last time I went I was freezing!

      Delete
  8. You are as old as you feel, dance and enjoy life to the full while you still can. Sounds like a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE a good dance. I'm up and jumping about to live music. Ska is played at the pub my grandson works at and when i go to pick him up I have to have a bit of a boogie !(I'm 70 next birthday but so long as i don't look in the mirror I don't feel it)
    Gill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I am still bopping around to ska when I'm nearly 70 Gill, good on you!!

      Delete
  10. That sounds like a fun weekend and I'm with you all the way on enjoying a good bop! I've still to go to a festival... but it's on my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Highly recommended apart from the loos!!!

      Delete
  11. oh it looked fab,and didn't we have great weather, no noise pollution but we did see some lights from the festival, glad you enjoyed, looks like my sort of thing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely fab! Oooh, I love a good boogie too even if it does embarrass my OH :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. PS I would love one of those wooden toadstool-y mushroom carvings. I have a craving for one, in fact!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely photo's,lucky you, your weekend sounded great

    ReplyDelete
  15. I say do what you like, doesn't matter how old you are, you can still have fun, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you can, I'm still young in my head :)

      Delete
  16. Sounds like you had a brilliant week-end and I love your attitude - you should do what makes your heart sing and it must have done you good to have a break from the painting and return with renewed vigour!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about renewed vigour, I'm still recovering, couldn't stop yawning at work today!

      Delete
  17. I have never been to a festival - that is one of the things I would really like to do. We don't have them up here in Cumbria. I think I would have to travel to another part of the country. Seems like you had a great weekend. Joan at www.aviewtothefells.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame, yes we are lucky it's right on our doorstep so we can go home and sleep in our own beds after :)

      Delete
  18. Good for you! It looks fab, I'm glad you had some fun. x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Have a good time all the time, is what I say. Life is too short to be a fuddy-duddy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good saying! No fuddy duddies allowed in this house :)

      Delete

I love reading your comments and will try to reply to all you lovely people xx Spam will be deleted so don't even bother!