Saturday 23 July 2016

She loved knitting in the rain






To say I am stressed at the moment is an understatement, buyers threatening to pull out etc.......  I had booked this week off as I thought we would be moving, silly me, but decided to take it off anyway as I am emotionally and physically drained.  In-between packing yet more boxes and chasing our elusive solicitor I have tried to give myself some TLC.

Heres a few photos from my week, taken on my phone as I have lost the leads for my camera grrrrr

In the first part of the week the weather was so humid I found it too hot to sit in the garden.  After the bearded one got home from work we headed down to the beach in the evening air to paddle in the sea, perfect for de-stressing and cooling down women 'of a certain age'.







I have packed all the books away so had to buy myself one to read.....um o.k. any excuse to buy a new book.  The police on the Isles of Scilly have a Facebook page, the posts by Colin are hilarious and have a huge following.  He is about to leave the islands and has written a book about his time there, the local characters and the resident police cat.   I chuckled out loud as I sat in the park reading, drawing some stares from the people on the next bench :)




I have also started some therapeutic knitting,  drinking Earl Grey tea and knitting in the garden is my favourite pastime at the moment, especially if it is raining,  I can be seen cooling off under the parasol knitting away.  The neighbours already think me a bit strange....


On another drizzly day I packed lunch for myself and headed to the park in the city.  In between showers I strolled around the gardens before being mobbed by the local bird gang who were after my sandwiches. I'm not sure they would have bothered if they knew they were made with gluten free bread.  The gardeners in the city parks do an amazing job, I hope they can continue with all the budget cuts forced onto the local council.   I particularly like the wildflower area, absolutely beautiful.


Perfect excuse to use the Pano on my phone.




The rare Egg Box Bees could be seen lurking among the flowers









 and finally as I walked along the path by the river I came across these lovely memorials to loved ones.  I hope I am remembered for more than stressing herself out trying to buy a 'nice house'. She loved knitting in the rain perhaps.

'she loved her bingo' wonderful :)




Have a good weekend everyone,

Chickpea xx

32 comments:

  1. Oh, I can't thank you enough for this post, it's lovely!
    "She loved her Bingo". "Lovely, lovely, lovely" and "Many a crossword solved, Never a crossword spoken". Thanks for sharing this!
    And the photos of the flowers, I love them!
    For you, how about, "She Showed The World Beauty And Humour". You do, you know. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those memorial plaques are wonderful. They say so much in so few words.

    I'm sorry your house sale/purchase is such a nightmare. I have to admit I don't understand property transactions in the UK. They seem to be very different than here in Canada. If a buyer agrees to purchase your home here they have to sign a contract and pay a deposit. It is a legally binding agreement, and to back out means they forfeit their deposit. Also, exact dates for the sale of your home, and the possession date for the one you are purchasing, are set in the contract and can't be moved unless both the buyer and purchaser agree to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buying and selling houses in England can be a nightmare, until contracts are exchanged either side can pull out. It really needs to be sorted out.

      Delete
  3. Wishing you a stress free weekend. Your post really made me smile. I love that last epitaph

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm so sorry it's all turning out to be so stressful. I was really hoping we might might move at the same time. I can only begin to imagine how stressed you are. We had moments of it where I thought it was all going to go tits up, but then we managed to move it on.
    I also know what you mean about the heat and women of a certain age!! It's bloody awful at times.
    I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you and sending you cooling hugs! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, cooling hugs are much appreciated :)

      Delete
  5. A beautiful and gentle post. Bench memorials are lovely but leave me sad. I think because they signify a pleasure lost be it the crossword or taking in a view.

    Love that the bobby wrote about his island tales.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, obviously much loved and missed by their families.

      Delete
  6. What wonderful photos and an even more wonderful idea... knitting in the rain...I am desperate for some rain here. We have had none and it's still far too hot for me :/ I don't know what my own epitaph would be, I must give it a little thought but Kay G's one is perfect for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, let me know what you come up with for your epitaph :)

      Delete
  7. Lovely post, so calming, lucky you to have local sandy beaches. We love the wild flowers, sadly we don't have the same bee'sas you seen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marlene, yes the bees are unique to Cornwall :)

      Delete
  8. Great photos even from your phone - I love that orange glow you get at the beach in the evening :) So sorry your move is dragging on, but its good you're finding little ways to combat the stress. Hopefully things will fall into place for you very soon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I much prefer the beach in the evenings :)

      Delete
  9. Such great photos. It's a bit too hot to knit isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seeing the wild flowers reminded me of when we were traveling through Brittany on our way back to Ireland, all the public verges and roundabout were planted with wild flowers, so lovely to see far better than bedding plants which are no good for the wild life, it also takes me back to my childhood when fields were full of colour not just one crop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really need to plant more wildflowers in this country before it's too late.

      Delete
  11. Sounds like you are doing all the right things to combat stress. Sitting knitting and drinking earl grey perfect...in the rain of course. Like the sound of your book, my reading list gets ever longer. Hopefully your house will go through very soon. Fingers crossed. B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers and everything else crossed at the moment :)

      Delete
  12. so sorry the housemoving is so stressful x the flowers are beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks driftwood, it really shouldn't be this stressful :(

      Delete
  13. hope the move gets sorted for you, glorious pics, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks knitty, what's happened to your blog, have I missed something while wallowing among the boxes?

      Delete
    2. shut it for a bit, opened it back up. life !!

      Delete
  14. Truro park on the way to Malpas? The flowers there are always beautiful, but the wildflower bed in your pictures is particularly striking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Lynn, worth a visit if you are nearby

      Delete
  15. I am sorry to hear that things are still dragging on, hope you are moving soon........

    Those wild flowers are wonderful I have seen them in a few places now, I wonder if councils were given a deal on wild flower seeds to help the bees, great idea in my book.

    The book sounds wonderful and I too knit in public and get funny looks I am passed caring ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sending best wishes for your move, hope all goes well chuck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Chickpea, this is . Sometimes I think solicitors think it is fun to mess you about so they can charge you some more. Are they actually an office or is this one of those online ones? I have sat in a solicitors and waited for the paper, then signed it and walked it to the other solicitors office to save it going in the post over night making it a 3 day turn around at best.

    Beaming you lots of good luck vibes I hope everything is now pushing on and we hear soon that you are to move!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and will try to reply to all you lovely people xx Spam will be deleted so don't even bother!