Sunday 18 May 2014

60 by 60 Number 14, Walk the St Clement path - Done

Number 14 on my 60 by 60 list is to walk along the Tresillian river path from the pretty village of St Clement to Tresillian on the outskirts of Truro.  The village is in an area of 'outstanding natural beauty'.  I can't believe that neither of us have done this walk and have only recently been to St. Clement village after living just a few miles away for years.  I was taken there by a friend when I was waiting for an operation last year.  I could only manage to walk to the beginning of the path, and promised myself I would walk the whole path when I recovered.  It's been nearly 12 months, but I finally felt up to the walk.



Beside the church are some thatched cottages where some friends of mine were lucky enough to live when they were growing up






The church is medieval, but most of the architecture has been lost with subsequent restorations






The river is tidal and I didn't check the tide tables , so I have lots of lovely photo's of mud flats!























 We finished the walk by having a pot of Tregothnan tea in the beautiful gardens of The Old Vicarage next to St Clement church






The pretty village and walk are well worth a visit, and look out for the mugs

6 comments:

  1. That looks a really interesting place and maybe a walk I could manage at some point. Photos are lovely even the mud fiats! Could do some good sketching along there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's an easy walk, all on level ground with benches along the way to take a rest. Would be a beautiful place to sketch. I would like to go again when the tide is in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello Chickpea - how do I follow your lovely blog - froogs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful place! Maybe one to visit sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi froogs, thank you for your comment. I love your blog, especially your recipes. As you can see, I have only just started this blog so I am still trying to figure out how it all works. I haven't sorted out how to set up the followers option yet. I would appreciate any advice xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi sewing green lady, it is a beautiful place for a walk, especially this time of year with all the bluebells. Even better when the tide is in!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and will try to reply to all you lovely people xx Spam will be deleted so don't even bother!