Sunday 11 May 2014

60 by 60

While busy planning a 60's Birthday Party for my partner, I had to face the inevitable fact that it wouldn't be that many years before I would reach the bus pass age.  I feel it is something to be celebrated as last year my future was uncertain.  At the time I had no wish to run around doing lots of things I had not got around to, on the contrary, I decided that if my time was limited, I just wanted to spend the time doing what I was already doing, spending time with my family, creating, and enjoying my beautiful Cornwall.

However, I woke up this morning with the idea of setting myself the task of doing 60 things by the time I am 60, simple I thought, until I sat down to create the list.  I have been lucky enough to have had a good life and have already done so many wonderful things.  I also love the simple things in life, and living where I do, get huge pleasure from walking on the beach, sitting in my garden, cooking, reading, sewing and playing in a samba band.

I wanted a place for friends and family to follow my progress, so here goes

2 comments:

  1. I think your blog is a wonderful idea. Sometimes it helps to write things down and in a way it keeps you doing the things you set out to do. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sewing green lady, you are absolutely right, by writing it down I am hoping it will spur me on to complete the list. It will also be lovely to look back on and relive the adventure.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and will try to reply to all you lovely people xx Spam will be deleted so don't even bother!