Sunday 12 April 2015

It's Starting to Feel a Lot Like Xmas










With all these promises we are hearing from the various political parties it is feeling like Xmas.   It is getting sillier and sillier by the day, what next, free trips to the moon if we vote for them?  Our local M.P. turned up on my doorstep last week looking for my vote.  I'm think she probably regretted knocking on my door as I could have kept her there all day with the questions I wanted answering.  She was very professional about it, shame about the local counsellor she brought with her, he didn't do her any favours at all.  He really annoyed me and ended up getting short shrift, then tried buttering me up by saying I was obviously passionate about politics and should consider going on the local parish council.  He then slapped the clotted cream on the top by adding we need more 'young' women like you. Ha, I'm not fooled by flattery sunshine!  I don't think it would do my blood pressure any good at all dealing with people like him everyday!  They won't be getting my vote so they wasted their time.

So as I won't be joining the political world anytime soon, I have been trying to carry on with the painting.  It's a dangerous business though, I sprained my knee while balancing on a ladder last week, I also have a horrible cold so as you can imagine I'm not a bundle of laughs at the moment.  I undercoated a couple of doors and earthed up the potatoes yesterday before retreating to the bed to rest my knee while sewing.  Today we went to choose some tiles, I was in so much pain I asked the bearded one to give me a lift on the trolley......he refused, cruel man :)

There isn't much to report when you can barely hobble around but I am trying to get on with some unfinished projects before I start the new Liberty quilt.  I'm working on my 'Aboriginal' quilt which includes beautiful fabric I brought back from Australia.  Our new grandsons quilt still isn't finished.....I know, pretty bad on my part......what can I say?  I have to be in the mood for projects, and the Aboriginal quilt is calling to me as it is easy hand stitching I can sit with on my lap.  I only have the border to do on the baby quilt but I just can't get in the mood to measure and cut fabric and dig out the sewing machine.  I have unfinished projects all over the house because I'm not inspired to work on them.  Is it only me who feels like this?  Do you have to be in the 'right frame of mind' to work on certain projects?  You can see some of the other projects that I should be working on listed on my Crafty Work in Progress page.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings, I'm off to cook the Sunday roast while 'the men' watch the football.  Crikey it sounds like the 1950's in this house.  Don't worry, they will be putting on the pinnys later to do the dishes.

Chickpea xx


20 comments:

  1. I've never met one who would answer your questions, they just recite rehearsed statements on any subject near the topic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! and running down the opposition.

      Delete
  2. I'm ready for them if they knock on my door - as an NHS worker I have some questions for them which are sure to put them on the spot! Considering you've had a sprained knee to contend with, I'm impressed that you've still managed to keep pretty busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was an NHS worker until her government got rid of the PCTs so you can imagine I had a lot to say to her. All I got in reply was ring fencing blah blah blah! I now work for the Council so I'm hoping the Counsellor doesn't recognise me the next time I'm in County Hall :)

      Delete
  3. We have a presidential election coming up next year and it's already getting crazy in the news. I really like your hexes; the designs are cool, especially the fabric with the lizards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be voting for Hilary she's far better than the numpties when have running here!

      Delete
  4. I hope your knee is better soon. I'm tired of all the election promises... Can we believe anyone anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  5. i hope your knee feels better soon.....:/

    i always feel a bit guilty for not following local politics [or any politics for that matter], then i remind myself it would only be an utter aggravation...you can't believe a word that any of them say!

    i know *exactly* what you mean by needing to be in the mood for certain projects -- i'm the same way. i have an 'unfinished' list almost as long as my 'to-do' list. although, when i *am* in the mood to do something, i do it with great gusto! ;) i can't fathom the people who say they're bored....

    such lovely, lovely fabric....*sigh* xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how you feel, I studied politics at University, but I'm afraid I'm sick of the whole thing now. It's all ''lies, damned lies and statistics'!

      Delete
  6. I am so glad you said you are struggling to motivate yourself with som elf your projects! I have totally lost my creative mojo and can't even bear to start most things, let alone finish any off. Before Christmas, I was crafting all the time, but since then, I can't get started again!
    Sorry to hear about your knee - they can take a frustratingly long time to heal!
    The fabric for the aboriginal quilt looks stunning! I look forward to seeing that finished :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same with reading, it's all or nothing!

      Delete
  7. I felt sure I commented yesterday ? never mind perhaps it was a senior moment, I dont think we will get any door knockers up here, too out of the way which is fine by me. Take care of your knee I badly injured my knee last year and it took 6 months before I could walk without aid hope yours is a quick recovery :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Dawn, you commented on the crafty work in progress page :) The doctor said it could take a while to get better, I can't believe how painful it is if I move it the wrong way! He has given me some exercises to do to strengthen the muscles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope your knee is better soon. Try to rest it (if you can). I usually 'switch off' when it comes to politics. I don't really think you can believe any of them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are "lucky" to even get a political person at your door, never seen one here in 22 years!
    Hope your knee quickly mends, keep doing the exercises

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue :) In a way I like seeing them, I love a good debate :)

      Delete
  11. It is getting sillier and sillier by the day, what next, free trips to the moon if we vote for them?

    If they took free one-way trips to the moon, that would be great!

    Oddly enough, in another one of my internet circles, I know a guy who belonged to Mebyon Kernow. It's odd because he's a London boy, though he has Cornish roots. I made a crack about him being a descendent of a post-Glastonbury trip Joseph of Arimathea, and he replied that, if he were, that would make him either the Fisher King or a tin miner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. " It's odd because he's a London boy, though he has Cornish roots" It doesn't matter where you live, if you have Cornish roots you are forever Cornish :) I haven't had a visit from Mebyon Kernow yet, it will be interesting to hear what they have to say.

      Delete

I love reading your comments and will try to reply to all you lovely people xx Spam will be deleted so don't even bother!