Thank you for your support and advice on yesterdays post, you bloggers are the bees knees :) I'm feeling a bit better today but very washed out. I did manage to get out into the lane to see the damage. There are several trees cut down all in one area. I really don't understand why, as I can't see anything wrong with the tree.
I have contacted the council who confirmed that there is a tree preservation order on all the trees in that lane. They will look into it to see if an application was put in to cut them down, or if in fact it was the council that cut them down. I will be chasing them up until I get an answer as to who did it and why. I only wish I could have gone out to see who it was and taken photos (on second thoughts, may not be a good idea to annoy someone with a chainsaw!)
Sadly it is too late for those trees and any wildlife that lived in them.
Being in bed for 3 days hasn't given me many ideas for Five on Friday but here goes
Five things to be grateful for.
1. All you lovely blogging people who are so generous with you support.
2. Feeling stronger today and getting back to normal
3. Eating home grown strawberries.
4. The sound of birds singing in my trees this morning
5. The little woodland nearby owned by The Wildlife trust that is a sanctuary for the creatures that are losing their green spaces.
I walked through the woods later to surround myself with nature, which then proceeded to sting me! Hey I didn't cut down the trees! This is the little culprit hanging on to my jumper.
I hope you all have a happy and peaceful weekend,
I'm joining with Amy at Love made my home