Friday 19 June 2015

Five on Friday - Quick Update









Thank you for your support and advice on yesterdays post, you bloggers are the bees knees :)  I'm feeling a bit better today but very washed out.  I did manage to get out into the lane to see the damage.  There are several trees cut down all in one area.  I really don't understand why, as I can't see anything wrong with the tree.









I have contacted the council who confirmed that there is a tree preservation order on all the trees in that lane.  They will look into it to see if an application was put in to cut them down, or if in fact it was the council that cut them down. I will be chasing them up until I get an answer as to who did it and why.  I only wish I could have gone out to see who it was and taken photos  (on second thoughts, may not be a good idea to annoy someone with a chainsaw!)

Sadly it is too late for those trees and any wildlife that lived in them.

Being in bed for 3 days hasn't given me many ideas for Five on Friday but here goes

Five things to be grateful for.

1.  All you lovely blogging people who are so generous with you support.

2.  Feeling stronger today and getting back to normal

3.  Eating home grown strawberries.

4.   The sound of birds singing in my trees this morning

5.  The little woodland nearby owned by The Wildlife trust that is a sanctuary for the creatures that   are losing their green spaces.



I walked through the woods later to surround myself with nature, which then proceeded to sting me!  Hey I didn't cut down the trees!  This is the little culprit hanging on to my jumper.




I hope you all have a happy and peaceful weekend,

Chickpea xx

I'm joining with Amy at Love made my home

11 comments:

  1. love your 5 things, hope you will be well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwww bee sting I would be in an ER room !
    Just read your post from yesterday. Ack I am so upset.
    That just happened down the road from me. They took out all the native plants and then scraped everything clean and planted some tiny bushes. That is so not helpful !
    Hope you will feel better soon.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a shame those trees were cut down. I hope you'll get to the bottom of it. I am keeping my fingers crossed you are recovering quickly. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you a happy and calm weekend. Builders are cutting down trees and a hedgerow near me too. I find it so upsetting every time I drive by. I fail to see that we are any better than those who cut down rain forests! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad that you are feeling a little better and could get out today. It is good that you found five things to be grateful for, it helps us look towards the better things and I hope that you will be able to do that. Let us know about the trees. Thank you so much for joining in, especially when you are not feeling so good. I hope that you have a good weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a shame about the trees, hopefully you will get some answers soon. I love bees but like to keep my distance. That sting must have been painful. I hope you feel back to normal soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They shouldn't be cutting any trees down at this time of year in case birds are nesting in them. Try quoting the 1981 Wildlife Act and see what happens- it's illegal to disturb nesting birds or the places they build their nests while they are in use. Hope you feel better soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you are feeling a little better. Such a shame about the trees, hope you manage to get some answers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You need the Lorax.

    How sad, we cut down the Leylandii in our garden but are putting back in english origin trees that wont lift the house out of the ground.

    You keep on asking what happened. and ask your MP to see what the heck happened

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you are feeling much stronger today. I am so so sorry about the trees, good luck with finding out what happened, I know it's too late for these trees but you prevent it happening again. I agree with Countryside Tales, quote the law at 'em!! Good luck, please let us know what happens. XX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh poor you, you go out to appreciate wildlife and it attacks you! I hope you are feeling better and are back full health soon. xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and will try to reply to all you lovely people xx Spam will be deleted so don't even bother!