Tuesday 23 June 2015

Oh sod it!






























After rushing around all day, then decluttering when I got home from work I thought sod it.  It was such a beautiful evening, too good to miss so the bearded one and I went for a walk around the neighbourhood.  Not a child to be seen on the neighbouring estate, where are they?  Surely not inside on such a beautiful evening!

We cut through the back lanes and came to my favourite little piece of heaven on my doorstep.  I love how nature takes over in the summer, nearly swallowing the boardwalk that winds it's way through the woods.  You wouldn't think it was so near a very busy road, the trees seem to soak up the sound, leaving just the chirping of the birds and buzzing of insects.  As we cross a bridge we can hear the little river that runs through the sanctuary, but can't see it as it is hidden deep below the greenery.

Beautiful wild flowers give their pampered garden cousins a run for their money.  They are just as attractive to the bees who don't seem to know about the weeds versus flowers nonsense we humans have imposed on them.

As we neared the end of the path something caught my eye.  I was just as excited as I would have been when I was a child seeing this little fellow.

When I returned to the house, the sofa was still in the middle of the room with books and c.d.s scattered everywhere.  If someone had broken in and ransacked the house I don't think I could have seen the difference.

I hope you have all enjoyed some lovely weather where ever you are.

Welcome to new follower Go with the Flow, I'm afraid you have joined me at a rather boring period.  I promise I will get out and about taking some photos of beautiful Cornwall, start creating and cooking again soon.

Chickpea xx

29 comments:

  1. Lovely! I've been out for a canal side walk in the sunshine this evening... it was only really 30 Days Wild that made me do it, but I so appreciated making the most of a lovely evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately we are still not having any decent weather, I have put the heating back on today we just couldn't get warm. I live in hope that the weather will pick up. Beautiful photos, love the frog or is it a toad?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a frog- toads tend to have prominent glands behind their eyes, while frogs tend to be smoother.

      Delete
    2. Oh, how about a handy frog vs toad guide? Shoulda oughta posted that in my previous comment.

      Delete
    3. I think frogs are far prettier

      Delete
    4. Yeah, frogs are pretty cute, toads are ugly cute. The poison arrow frogs are really gorgeous. The American Museum of Natural History in NYC had live exhibits of these beauties. I was in hog heaven.

      Delete
  3. Lovely post, lucky you, such a nice walk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even more so for being a spur of the moment thing :)

      Delete
  4. Hi - I have just found your blog from Amy at Love Made my Home and have enjoyed having a read. Lovely photos. Joan at www.aviewtothefells.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Frogs and toads have such pretty eyes. I've never gotten past the "catching frogs and toads" stage, I'm pretty much an overgrown eight-year old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never wanted to catch them, I was always thrilled to spot one as a kid.

      Delete
  6. You have a wooden path through the forest. Is it to protect the very wet land and flowers ?
    I would so be able to walk that and use my walker.
    Such a beautiful flower walk. Thank you for taking us along.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is to keep people on the path and protect the plants and in the winter it is very boggy.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the welcome, I have just changed the blog name to Everyday Gems, what wonderful photo's, sometimes no matter how busy we are we all need to step back and breath, what beauty you have on your doorstep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it is a precious bit of nature, I love it there

      Delete
  8. Smashing, what a lovely place! We'll have to make the most of these sunny evenings. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we will, we waiting long enough for warm evening this year, I thought they would never arrive!

      Delete
  9. De-stressing is what living outside of town is all about. If you think about it, the mess will still be there tomorrow, but suitable weather for a walk may not be - so good on you for taking the time to walk whilst you could :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, good days are few and far between at the moment Dani

      Delete
  10. Such a lovely walk. I really enjoyed the photographs. We all need to say 'sod it' sometimes. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, there is always something lovely to take a photo of.

      Delete
  11. Hey Chikpea,
    I do love a bit of 'sod it' every now and again! Gorgeous pictures. And yes, those wild flowers always give the garden a run for their money.
    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Leanne, I'm very fond of sod it days. :)

      Delete
  12. lovely pics, sadly i have not explored much i think i need to say sod it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your photos. I would have been just as excited over that little fellow too.
    Your summer looks very pleasant, not our dripping with sweat Georgia heat!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree! This time of year is so magical and the evenings so long and warm that it's as shame to miss it. Your photos catch the lush abundance of the plants perfectly :)
    Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  15. what lovely photos. thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and will try to reply to all you lovely people xx Spam will be deleted so don't even bother!