Friday 12 September 2014

A Gentle Stoll



We have just returned from three wonderfully relaxing days.  The weather couldn't have been better.  People may have wondered why we chose to stay in a hotel in Cornwall when we already live here, but it was a chance for us both to relax and be pampered with someone else cooking.  It is about being away from everything for a little while, without a long journey to get there.  Look at the view, can you really ask for more?

I had booked it before my operation when I thought it would be straightforward, 3 weeks maximum off work and this break was a chance for me to get my fitness back by walking along the cliffs and even taking a dip in the sea from the beach below the hotel.

Well it hasn't exactly been straight forward, the doctors have signed me off for another month on top of the time I have taken already with strict instruction not to lift, strain etc.  Walking is painful and slow, so I couldn't stomp across the cliffs in my usual manner, not necessarily a bad thing as I noticed more little flowers and butterflies than I usually would.  Luckily where the hotel is situated there was a fairly flat path with lots of seats in one direction so I stuck to that as the other direction had very steep steps that I wouldn't have coped with.  I could only look longingly down to the beach as I wouldn't have coped with the climb down and certainly not the climb back up!!

The day after we arrived we walked along the coast a little way, then when I had enough I turned back while the OH walked on to Cadgwith further along the coast from The Lizard where we were staying.  In the photo above you can see the Lizard lighthouse.  It is a beautiful coastline, we have walked along the coastal path there a few years ago, which is when we spotted the hotel and thought it would be a beautiful location to stay.




When I got back from the walk I thought I would lie here and read my book, instead I fell asleep and stayed there for the whole afternoon in the sun.  It was bliss :)  When OH returned he joined me and fell asleep as well.  The only sound was the waves breaking on the rocks.


























Thank you for all your kind comments yesterday.

Chickpea xx

11 comments:

  1. It looks so beautiful. I hope you have a lovely weekend and don't over do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful place to rest and recover

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you had a lovely rest, Chickpea, the views are stunning. You take some wonderful photographs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you, checking into a hotel! Isn't it just wonderful to be pampered once in a while. Hope your health is improving, albeit slowly. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad your on the mend, love your photos but watch the tilting horizons, get well soon, The hotel sounded like a great idea

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks beautiful. Is the food good too? Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes, I hadn't noticed that, it's probably because I am 'tilting' to one side at the moment. Thanks David :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks the perfect place to relax and be pampered. We live in Suffolk and have spent many years visiting France and beyond for any holidays but have realised, partly due to financial constraints, that what we have here is just as beautiful and enjoyable. Glad we have travelled but happy at home. Keep improving, get really well before returning to work. Jan B.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you everyone for your kind comments. The food was lovely thanks Fran. The hotel itself is a bit 'tired' and could do with a refurb. but the staff were lovely and the location fantastic!

    You are right Jan, we have so many beautiful places on our own doorsteps.

    I think the hotel is up for sale, wouldn't it be wonderful to buy it just to live in :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. fabulous pics as always, glad you had a great break!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It all seems very lovely and relaxing. I'm glad you've had the chance to get away. It sounds like a good place for gentle exploring while you're still recuperating. I hope you're all better soon, take care.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and will try to reply to all you lovely people xx Spam will be deleted so don't even bother!