Monday 22 September 2014

Nuts to Quilts







My day did not start well with an email from Tesco saying changing details of my account has been successful.  However if you didn't change them you need to change your password immediately and contact them.  Well I hadn't changed anything!  I had visions of somebody ordering thousands of pounds worth of stuff on my account.  After spending 30 minutes trying to change the password unsuccessfully, the brain kicked in and I thought I would check out the other details on my account.  The address was the same and nothing had been ordered.  Phew!.  So I tried ringing them on a automated system that didn't make any sense at all. Eventually got through to an actual living breathing person only to be told not to worry about it as it was something to do with their computers.  I really don't need this stress first thing in the morning Tesco!

I actually went out today woohoo!  Not far, my boss picked me up and we went to a coffee shop.  We went over a few work things, and one of my clients had sent some chocolates for me :)  It was so nice to get out, I like my own company, but it is nice to have a chat and catch up.  Even the cat is hiding from me now, she is used to having the house to herself  so she can sleep all day.  Now she has me nattering  away to her.


I had decided on the pattern for the new baby quilt.  It was going to be pinwheels and would require precision cutting and sewing for all the points to meet.  Not my usual style as I am a bit slap dash with these things, but I thought I would make a block to see how it turned out.  Well, it was a disaster!  I think it would have turned out better if I had done my usual slap dash work.  I really don't think I have the concentration for this at the moment.  I hate to be beaten but sod it, life's too short.  Back to the drawing board to choose another pattern that an 'off their face with pain killers and lack of sleep' person can cope with.





I also picked some of the nuts off our corkscrew hazel.  OH has a habit of cutting things back when I'm not looking.  He has already had a go at it so I thought I had better rescue some of the nuts before he does anymore 'trimming' It is advised to pick them from the trees before squirrels get to them, in our garden it is before the OH gets to them. What is it with men and cutting things down, he is like Edward Scissorhands. I have been known to 'throw the dummy out of the pram' after he has been 'trimming' stuff and totally ruined it.  I have tried hiding the clippers but he always manages to find them.  If our sons spot him lurking in the garden with the clippers they say  "does mum know you are doing this?  You are going to be in trouble!"  Do you have the same problem, or maybe you are the one who is clipper happy in your family?

I hope you all had a good weekend.  Thank you for all your comments,

Chickpea xx





18 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that your quilt making didn't go as you wanted it to, perhaps next time it will be better. How sweet that a client sent you chocolates! That is nice isn't it. There is something on my post today that might cheer you up if you want to pop by and have a look! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby is the same, anything that tickles his leg when mowing the lawn gets the hedge cutter treatment! Sorry the quilting didn't go to plan, i made pinwheels by looking on you tube, but it still requires concentration, what about disappearing 9 patch, it's fairly straight forward.

    Congratulations on winning Amy's prize :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. remember to e-mail me with your details so that I can get it off to you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Chickpea, I've just popped over from Amy's blog. Well done on winning the giveaway! This post had me nodding my head, my OH is the same with the garden shears! He once managed to completely "do in" a buddleia, which seem impossible to control. If he had his way all the plants in our garden would be knee-high!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen, I wanted to do lots of very tiny pin wheels, so lots of accuracy required. Sadly I don't think I have the concentration for it at the moment. I was thinking along the lines of nine patch, my brain might be able to cope with that :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Alison, oh dear, do you think its a 'man' thing. If OH had his way I think our garden would be concreted over!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My other half had a little trim of the grape vines one year. We ended up with just the main stems left, not a leaf to be seen. It was the one and only time he helped with it. Probably a good thing. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see a pattern emerging here CJ, it does seem to be the male of the species who are clipper happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh i love a bit of clipping, its normally me who gets told off!once I start I just cant stop! hope youre starting to feel a bit better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad your leaving the cat alone for a while, cat's need peace and quiet you know!

    Only joking sweetie, you need to get out before cabin fever sets in. Look after yourself x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to guide Mike around the garden, he has pulled up a row of parsnips before now thinking they were weeds. The chocolates were a very nice gift weren't they, its nice to get a bit of thanks now & then.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on winning the giveaway on Amy's blog. I'm cringing now as I've just trimmed our plum tree and all that's left is the trunk!! Nothing to do with hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  13. M does do the chopping back here but knows better than to cut anything without asking me first! Glad to hear you are well enough for coffee and an outing. Hope you had some cake too :o) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Joanne, I won't be letting OH anywhere near the veg patch, I manage to kill the plants all on my own :) Yes it was really lovely to be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jay, oh dear poor plum tree, I'm too much of a softy to cut anything down. Even the dead tree in our garden :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. At least he asks CT and doesn't sneak out with the clippers :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes I am feeling better thanks knittynutter, good to see you are up and about again x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and will try to reply to all you lovely people xx Spam will be deleted so don't even bother!